Career & Job Opportunities
© Sergey Nivens / shutterstock
We are looking for PhDs, post-docs, and administrative staff working in various fields connected to ML4Q, check this page regularly for new job announcements.
Attracting and retaining the best young talent in the field by offering competitive career opportunities is a top priority for ML4Q.
Postdoc position in topological-insulator circuit Quantum Electrodynamics
A postdoc position is available in the group of Yoichi Ando at the University of Cologne. We are researching topological quantum computing based on superconductor/topological-insulator hybrid devices. Our group has successfully demonstrated Josephson junctions based on state-of-the-art topological insulator materials that are synthesized in-house, including exfoliated BiSbTeSe2 flakes, MBE-grown (Bi,Sb)2Te3 thin films, and VLS-grown (Bi,Sb)2Te3 nanowires. We are currently focusing on integrating those junctions in devices aimed at realizing Majorana zero modes.
The position is available from 01.04.2021 on a full-time basis. Please send your convincing application with a proof of required qualifications by email (in one pdf-document) to email@example.com. The evaluation will start immediately until the position is filled.
View the full job description for more details.
Bachelor, Master, PhD positions in the Ando group (Cologne)
We aim to provide attractive and internationally competitive career opportunities for young researchers. Measures include:
- Undergraduate Funds to give students the opportunity to be involved in research groups and labs early on.
- Independence Grants to further increase the academic career prospects of ML4Q post-docs by supporting them in developing an independent research profile.
- New professorships within ML4Q will be implemented as tenure-track professorships.
- The ML4Q Research School will implement an attractive course program for Master and PhD students.
More information can be found on the internal website (accessible for ML4Q-affiliated persons only).
We aim to provide a diverse and family-friendly research environment. We take strong measures to hire and promote female researchers. Measures include:
- Incentives for hiring female post-docs will help us increase the fraction of female researchers in particular in the crucial post-doc phase.
- We offer child care support and assistance for parental leave or care for dependents.
- Our Code of Conduct helps provide a work environment where everybody feels welcome and respected.
- ML4Q Diversity Stewards serve as a low-threshold point of contact in all matters related to, e.g., harassment or discrimination.
Please select a cluster site to display the contact information of the ML4Q Diversity Steward.
Tel.: +49 241 80 28516
Tel.: +49 (0)228 73 3477
Yaiza Aragones Soria
Tel.: +49 (0)177 8443713
Martina von der Ahe
Tel.: +49 2461 61-4433