Career & Job Opportunities
We are looking for PhDs, post-docs, and administrative staff working in various fields connected to ML4Q, check this page regularly for new job announcements.
Attracting and retaining the best young talent in the field by offering competitive career opportunities is a top priority for ML4Q.
Postdoc position in optical interfaces to electrically controlled spin qubits (Jülich)
In collaboration between the Quantum Technologies Group (RWTH Aachen; Prof. Hendrik Bluhm) and the Peter Grünberg Institute – 9 (Forschungszentrum Jülich; Prof. Beata Kardynal), we are looking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher to develop optical interface devices to singlet-triplet qubits in gate defined quantum dots in III-V heterostructures. Download full job announcement for more details.
W2 Professorship for Theoretical Quantum Many-Body Physics: Condensed Matter and Quantum Optical System (Bonn)
In the framework of ML4Q, a W2 Professorship for Theoretical Quantum Many-Body Physics (Condensed Matter and Quantum Optical System) has been announced at the University of Bonn (the application deadline is August 20, 2020). Details can be found in the announcement of the position.
W2 TT W3 Professorship for Experimental Physics - Quantum Technology with Atoms and Photons (Bonn)
In the framework of ML4Q, a Professorship for Experimental Physics – Quantum Technology with Atoms and Photons (W2 with Tenure Track to W3) has been announced at the University of Bonn (the application deadline is August 20, 2020). Details can be found in the announcement of the position.
W3 Professorship for Experimental Solid-state Physics (Bonn)
A W3 Professorship for Experimental Solid-state Physics has been announced at the University of Bonn (the application deadline is August 20, 2020). Details can be found in the announcement of the positin.
Bachelor, Master, PhD positions in the Ando group (Cologne)
We aim to provide attractive and internationally competitive career opportunities for young researchers. Measures include:
- Undergraduate Funds to give students the opportunity to be involved in research groups and labs early on.
- Independence Grants to further increase the academic career prospects of ML4Q post-docs by supporting them in developing an independent research profile.
- New professorships within ML4Q will be implemented as tenure-track professorships.
- The ML4Q Research School will implement an attractive course program for Master and PhD students.
More information can be found on the internal website (accessible for ML4Q-affiliated persons only).
We aim to provide a diverse and family-friendly research environment. We take strong measures to hire and promote female researchers. Measures include:
- Incentives for hiring female post-docs will help us increase the fraction of female researchers in particular in the crucial post-doc phase.
- We offer child care support and assistance for parental leave or care for dependents.
- Our Code of Conduct helps provide a work environment where everybody feels welcome and respected.
- ML4Q Diversity Stewards serve as a low-threshold point of contact in all matters related to, e.g., harassment or discrimination.
Please select a cluster site to display the contact information of the ML4Q Diversity Steward.
Tel.: +49 241 80 28516
Tel.: +49 (0)228 73 4898
Yaiza Aragones Soria
Tel.: +49 (0)177 8443713
Martina von der Ahe
Tel.: +49 2461 61-4433