Career & Job Opportunities
We are looking for PhDs, post-docs, and administrative staff working in various fields connected to ML4Q, check this page regularly for new job announcements.
Attracting and retaining the best young talent in the field by offering competitive career opportunities is a top priority for ML4Q.
Full Professor W2 in Quantum Algorithms at RWTH Aachen
The Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences of the RWTH Aachen University is seeking qualified applicants for teaching and research in the area of quantum algorithms, error correction, and applications of future quantum computers. The candidate must have proven theoretical research accomplishments in the area of quantum information processing. The work of the candidate is to strengthen the Cluster of Excellence “Matter and Light for Quantum Computing” (ML4Q) and the research program on quantum computing and condensed matter physics at RWTH Aachen University and Forschungszentrum Jülich.
This is a professorship appointment for a five year term with a tenure track career path towards a permanent W3 professorship. The starting date is as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is December 20, 2020. Download full job announcement for more details.
Undergraduate intership positions
The call for applications for our ML4Q Undergraduate Research Internship Program is open now. Details on the various projects we are offering and on how to apply can be found here. Application deadline is on December 4th, 2020.
Postdoc position in optical interfaces to electrically controlled spin qubits (Jülich)
In collaboration between the Quantum Technologies Group (RWTH Aachen; Prof. Hendrik Bluhm) and the Peter Grünberg Institute – 9 (Forschungszentrum Jülich; Prof. Beata Kardynal), we are looking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher to develop optical interface devices to singlet-triplet qubits in gate defined quantum dots in III-V heterostructures. Download full job announcement for more details.
Bachelor, Master, PhD positions in the Ando group (Cologne)
We aim to provide attractive and internationally competitive career opportunities for young researchers. Measures include:
- Undergraduate Funds to give students the opportunity to be involved in research groups and labs early on.
- Independence Grants to further increase the academic career prospects of ML4Q post-docs by supporting them in developing an independent research profile.
- New professorships within ML4Q will be implemented as tenure-track professorships.
- The ML4Q Research School will implement an attractive course program for Master and PhD students.
More information can be found on the internal website (accessible for ML4Q-affiliated persons only).
We aim to provide a diverse and family-friendly research environment. We take strong measures to hire and promote female researchers. Measures include:
- Incentives for hiring female post-docs will help us increase the fraction of female researchers in particular in the crucial post-doc phase.
- We offer child care support and assistance for parental leave or care for dependents.
- Our Code of Conduct helps provide a work environment where everybody feels welcome and respected.
- ML4Q Diversity Stewards serve as a low-threshold point of contact in all matters related to, e.g., harassment or discrimination.
Please select a cluster site to display the contact information of the ML4Q Diversity Steward.
Tel.: +49 241 80 28516
Tel.: +49 (0)228 73 4898
Yaiza Aragones Soria
Tel.: +49 (0)177 8443713
Martina von der Ahe
Tel.: +49 2461 61-4433